PAT Test Service
Via our Green Surveyor ® brand we can mobilise our qualified PAT testers to undertake portable appliance testing on residential & commercial properties across the U.K:
Landlords/Employers have a duty of care to maintain, inspect, and test their electrical equipment as covered by various government regulations. These are:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Management of health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
The consequences of not performing inspections can result in injury or even death to persons, fines, and/or custodial sentences to employers who are found guilty of flouting the regulations. Insurance companies may also refuse to pay out on claims too.
The very first test performed in the PAT sequence is a visual check. We look for:
- Correct fuse ratings in plugs;
- Incorrectly wired plugs;
- Exposed wires;
- Broken casings;
- Damaged plugs;
- Signs of overheating or burns and any signs that the appliance or power cord is in a dangerous condition.
Assuming the item passes the visual inspection we then commence the test sequence.
Using an industry leading PAT machine, all appliances used by the client are tested for:
- A good earth bond (if the appliance is earthed it’s termed a Class 1 appliance);
- Integrity of the insulation between the live and neutral conductors;
- Load test. Checking the correct operation of the appliance and fuse;
- Earth leakage, measuring the current leaked to earth during operation of the appliance.
Upon completion of our testing process you receive an certificate or electrical testing. For larger commercial properties you will receive:
- Certificate of electrical testing;
- Pass or fail asset register which is a bound folder containing printouts of all results;
- Appliance register (if required);
- CD of results (if required);
- Results emailed to you immediately (if required).
Green Surveyor is a trading brand of The Syntegra Group (Company No: 06408056).
The Syntegra Group
63 Milford Road
or 01344 88127
London Office - (Registered Office address)
The Syntegra Group
2nd Floor, 145-157 St John Street
London , EC1V 4PY
T: 0845 009 1625